1.02.2014

Hello 2014!

I look so tired right now so enjoy this derpy webcam photo.
It's the start of a new year and the end of my first day of 2014.
2013 was an interesting year for me. Not necessarily the best, nor the worst year, but there was a lot that happened, enough for me to realize that my life isn't as boring as I tend to think it is. And that's how I got myself here.

This blogger account has been desolate since I made it, but I always knew I would have a use for it at some point--and I'm pretty sure I've found that use. This is going to be my daily blog where I recount my day and go through whatever is going on in my life. I've been reading through one of my old diaries from middle school and I realized that I really missed writing about my days--and I liked the fact that I was able to remind myself of past events just by reading the entries. So that's what I want to do with my days, interesting or uninteresting. I figure there will always be something memorable going on that I'd love to remember with time.



My mummy is wonderful :3
I guess I can start with my New Year's celebration.
My friends and I have been doing a Secret Santa gift exchange for a few years now, and we always exchange the gifts during our New Year's party, where we all dress up in rather formal dress and pretty much hang out. As a Secret Santa, I got my buddy Audrey and I bought her a Shadow the Hedgehog plush, a panda hat and sticker, and then a Pikachu assembly kit. It took me a while to figure out what to get her because there were so many things that I wanted to get for her. I'm glad I got what I got for her, though, she looked happy with her bounty. My Secret Santa Nathan got me a Madoka deck of cards and coffee mug and it's so cool and fancy and I can't wait to shuffle the cards and reorganize them as they were because I'm silly ocd...

The New Year's party was a good time, though. My friends and I hung out, had lots of food, played games, much as we always do in our get togethers.

A few of us left before midnight, though, because of promises to keep parents company. My mom was going to be alone for the first time for New Years and the thought of that really didn't sit well with me, so I dragged my dear friend Ashley home with me and we celebrated New Years at midnight with my mom, banging on pots and pans to scare away the evil spirits that come into the house with the New Year, a... thing I can only note as being a Filipino tradition. It was fun, though.

After long chats with Ashley, we passed out for the night, got up in the morning, did our Bible readings, then had more chats over breakfast before she finally left for the day and I began packing my bags for my journey back to Savannah for school on Friday.

All this food...
W... what do you even do with it.
Before starting my packing, though, I got an invite from my friend Mellanie to hang out and cook at her house nearby. So I went and pretty much watched them all cook seven types of meat to shove between rice and sushi seaweed, joined in creating the madness that was musubi, then devoured many things.

I didn't eat as much at the New Year's eve party, so that definitely made up for that.


After devouring most of the kitchen and having to wait for a new batch of rice to cool, we drove out so they could buy starbucks before it closed. The others were worried it would be closed when we got there, but I had high hopes for them, since I'm convinced starbucks is 24hours...
Anyway, we came back and they popped in Kick-Ass 2 and we all chilled out to that. Probably a great choice for the first movie of the new year. I've been wanting to watch it for a while, totally didn't realize it came out on DVD already. But I saw it, and it was just as over the top as I expected, aaaand I loved it. Mother Russia was my favorite.........
We cleaned up afterwards and talked about these push-pop container things for a couple minutes, then they drove me home.


Twas a good day to start my year. I pray the rest of the days that follow are just as great as I record them in this blog <3
Happy brand new year, everyone~

No comments:

Post a Comment